• SEAM - Sustaining, Empowering, Advocating, Mentoring
  • Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand. – Mother Teresa
  • If you can dream it, you can do it. – Walt Disney
  • Kentucky is the 10th hungriest state. -- bread.org
  • The Buechel Park Baptist Church Community Garden produced 7000 pounds of food for SEAM families in 2014.
  • Faith is taking that first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase. – Martin Luther King
  • SEAM’s Emergency Assistance prevents homelessness and hunger.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Who We Are

Founded in 1974, SEAM is a compassionate interfaith human services agency, serving 40218 and 40220 in Louisville, KY. 96% of our clients truly need – Emergency Assistance – and after a few visits, they are stabilized and move on.  The other 4% are either disabled, are unemployed, or are minimally employed and we offer them compassionate case management.

How We Help

SEAM empowers and sustains families with food, utility, rental, prescription medication and clothing assistance until they can get back on their feet.  We also offer financial mentoring and case management.

Community Gardens create oases of fresh produce in what would otherwise be produce deserts so that SEAM clients benefit from the freshest, most nutritious food available.

How You Can Help

100% of your tax deductible donation to SEAM goes directly towards empowering and sustaining your neighbors.

Your check, your canned goods, your food drive--or your special event—can help someone who is going through a hard time.

Each time we give ourselves away we make Louisville a better place to dream and grow.


"Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope." - Maya Angelou

 

LogoSouth East Associated Ministries (SEAM) offers hope to families in crisis through Emergency Assistance.  Food, rent, utilities, clothing and prescription meds can stabilize and empower a family.

 

For some, every day is an emergency, but for most of our clients, they just need “a little help for a little while.”

 

20% of the residents in zip code 40218 are living in poverty.  We’d like to be serving more of them. For 44% of households in 40218, they must make do with less than $25,000 per year.

Your generous donation can help us make a difference to someone who may be your neighbor.